Subject: RE: [Leica] I think I saw an M 135/2.8 w/ eyes?
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:49:09 -0500

	Recently discontinued for the new 135, the f2.8s all came with eyes
attached.  I believe it raised the 90 frame lines and magnified the
viewfinder and rangefinder to improve ones' ability to focus.  Big, heavy,
and, in my experience, not a great performer.  Unless you need the speed,
save some money and buy a recent f4/135, a great lens by any measure, though
I am told it doesn't perform up to the quality of the recent 3.4.  See
Irwin's site for a better evaluation.

		Buzz Hausner