Subject: [Leica] San Francisco
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:04:00 -0800

My wife and I publish two Scenic books of San Francisco. We spent a lot of
time roaming the city, day, night, all seasons, over a couple of years. We
were approached a couple of times by beggars, but really had no problems.
Last summer I taught a Leica Workshop in San Francisco. 24 Leica toting
folks, wandering the city. I may be doing it again this coming March or
April. A lot of the folks even photograph the street people. I have
photographed in the SFO streets many hundreds of times.

My only comment is, the best one can do is to be "aware" of your
surroundings and "who" is there, or near, or approaching. You should never
be blasé about your surroundings. Always have a plan. And don't
purposefully put yourself into a situation that has the potential to turn
ugly.

Jim