Subject: [Leica] Lowepro
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:29:24 -0800

[Mark Rabiner wrote]

> Lowepro's are my favorite, the ones I use the most. They have
> excellent quality, feel, design, price. Some of them seem designed with
> Leica M's in mind. I'm glad someone else here likes them too.

Personally, I don't use anything else these days. I have four of the AW
series Lowepro bags of different sizes, including a backpack that is
sufficiently large to carry a Telyt 400mm and a good deal of R equipment.
They are well padded and have a waterproof "slip-over" cover.The Mini Mag
bag is ideal for two M bodies, four lenses, light meter, etc. I like them
for traveling because they are sufficiently well padded to take some hard
knocks without damage to my "pets".

While I'm on the subject of damage and pets: Although I frequently shoot on
the streets in San Francisco, sometimes under rather tricky conditions I
don't get much attention from muggers. I have a 80 lb German Shepherd who
accompanies me. We've done tracking and protection work together, so I don't
worry about his instincts or my back side. I can just "focus" on the job at
hand. It's reassuring.

- --Gib