Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Passport
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:38:11 -0600

David,

>Ponder that for even a brief moment, and it puts all the stuff about
>'Leica stigma', who designs and makes which lenses, and how many aspheric
>elements are in what lens into perspective.

I'm sorry about your friend, however,  I am certain we all have had
something happen similar to this,either to our friends, family or our
selves.  I'm not sure that it has anything to do with the quasi-seriousness
with which we take our Leica discussions.  Of course it isn't important,
but it is fun.  I find it a diversion from the problems of real life.  I
feel in great health although i have had quadruple by-pass surgery and
prostate cancer surgery - right now I am cancer free and no problems with
my heart - but I, for one, would rather discuss any of the above subjects
than dwell on the problems of my health or that of my friends.  At my age,
71, we all have serious problems of one kind or another.

That is really terrible about your friend - he is much too young and I can
grieve with you.

Dick
Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX