Subject: Re: [Leica] Another YASUHARA camera ?
From: Mikiro M <arbos@iname.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:47:45 +0100

At 7:09 PM +0100 99.1.26, Lucien wrote:
>On the YASUHARA Co.,Ltd. Home Page
>http://www.yasuhara.co.jp/index-e.html
>
>there is a link to the Japanese version of the site.
>
>On that one, there is one more page at the following link:
>
>http://www.yasuhara.co.jp/h205.html
>
>which show a different camera, the 205 B ?
>
>Is that another camera made by Yasuhara San ?

Hi, Lucien.

You've finally found an encrypted secret ! ;-).
It is a Chinese camera.  Yasuhara-san probably has some connection with this
manufacturer, Kosei Kougaku (in Japanese pronounciation).  He says, "205 is
the only compact rangefinder camera in production (80.000/year) in the
world".  205A (without meter) and 205B (with meter) are imported and
available for 13800 yen (120 USD) and 15800 yen, respectively in Japan.

Why not get one for your kids before letting them use M's ?  :-)  My father
had a camera like this when I was small,  some 30-35 years ago....  Can some
of you connoisseurs identify the original ???

Mikiro Mori
Strasbourg, Europe
Visit my gallery at
http://members.tripod.com/arbos3/cigogne/index.html