Subject: RE: [Leica] M7......(Mamiya 7 ;-))...your opinion
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:03 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Peter K writes:

> I have used the Mamiya 7 and found the 80 and the 65mm lenses (these
> are the
> only 2 I had used) to be of exceptional sharpness and clarity.  The
> lightweight body with large 6 x 7 cm format give you the largest
> possible
> image without cropping for printing standard 8 x 10 or other rectangular
> format prints.  The lightweight body of the M7 speaks for itself.  Nice
> travel with.  The Mamiya 7 is a great seller for Mamiya and I hear the
> Mamiya 6 is soon to be discontinued.

The 43mm is a *spectacular* performer, really *really* good.

A little bird tells me that there's a new Mamiya 7 due any day now. Let's
hope they've fixed the one real problem (2m close focus limit on the
150mm).

David Morton                       |  "Times are bad. Children no
dmorton@journalist.co.uk           |  longer obey their parents and
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk  |  everyone is writing a book."
(+44) 171 917 6272                 |  Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)