Subject: Bullseyes and Noctili [was Re: [Leica] new LEICA* web site]
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@corp.webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:43:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi Chandos,

First, let me say that I really like this picture!

Chandos Michael Brown writes:
 > I've just considerably revamped my photo site, which now includes my
 > favorite Noctilux effort so far.
 >
 > The Noctilux image is under "Green Leafe:"  Please have a look.
 > http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown/photography.htm
 > [...]

Now, an observation.

One of the photo habits of which I've generally broken myself is
putting my subject smack dab in the center of the frame.  I still do
it occasionally, when it seems to be the right thing and sometimes it
even works.

I've noticed that a bunch of the Noctilux photo's that folks have
posted to the group are bullseye compositions.  And, they all seem to
work well.  I wonder if it's the wonderful bokeh of the Noctilux that
makes the background so interesting it becomes a strong part of the
image?

g.