Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica stigma
From: Deniz Saylan <Photojournalist@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:05:52 +0100

I´m professional photographer working mostly for newspapers and magazines in Germany and I use two Leica M6 with lenses from 21mm to 135mm. Normally I do
reportage and then you can´t get any better system as the Leica M. I taped the red point and the M6 Sign so that it doesn´t raises attraction. With my little
M6 and i.e. the 35mm I look like just another silly tourist taking pics like crazy. But when I have to join a official photocall, at least one of my
colleagues comes to me and ask me, if I really use *THIS* camera for news photography. Especially younger photographer cannot imagine to work without
autofocus and automatic exposure. I already got offers from agenciews to visit, just because they´ve seen me working with this *oldfashioned* camera. The
older colleagues comes and say "oh, it´s just nice to see somebody doing the real photography".
But anyhow: They are "the others". You have to deal with your system. It doesn´t help you, when somebody was successful with a Leica M, or when everybody
tells you, that the lens is extremly good. You have to be happy with it and when the results makes you happy too, then Ok! But not everybody *wants*, or
*can* deal with a system which provides you nothing more than accurate function and high optical quality.

Cheers,

Deniz