Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica stigma
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 07:33:20 +0100

I had a funny incident yesterday. I was walking around, shooting pictures at a
huge antiques/junk market in Tongeren, a town about 85km from Brussels, when one
of the stallholders asked me if I was a professional. I had my M6HM with 35mm
lens around my neck. I said no, to which she replied that she just assumed it to
be the case because I was not using flash, like all the tourists with their
point & shoots. We had a nice, brief conversation about photography.

Another time I was having lunch with fellow Brussels LUGgers Francisco, Lucien,
Alan and Pascal. They had their various M incarnations on the table, and one of
the other guests asked about the camera and commented on its good looks. He was
not into photography and did not seem to be familiar with Leica and what it
means, but he noticed the uniqueness of the M.

Nathan

FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com wrote:

> In all my years using Leica equipment I have never been asked, "what kind of
> camera is that?" Never. That was not true when I used large format cameras.
> Bob

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium