Subject: Re: [Leica] Softie
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 10:20:24 -0800

MArtin wrote:

>Select one of the following:
>
>  (A)  Remove the softie in winter when using bulky mittens/gloves/
>       whatever.
>  (C)  Remove gloves/mittens/whatever prior to handling camera.
>  (D)  Move to a warmer climate.

Hi Martin,

An interesting observation. :)  Particularly "D"! :)  I like that one the
best, me being a sun worshipper!! :)

However the softie is at it's classic best in the winter simply because it
does allow wearing nice warm mitts! And removing them to find the normal
little shutter release eventually gets the shutter finger frozen!:)  Damn
and I hate cold! Pity! :)

I'm sure you're well aware of this during the winter where you live in
Sweden.:)

I don't think there is an easy solution to this, particularly as B.D.
pointed out there are times when as you raise the camera to your eye,
re-cock ready and then change your mind and not shoot, thus leaving you
with accidental release as soon as you put the camera back on shoulder.

It's one of the things one must live with for the positive use of the softie.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant