Subject: [Leica] Ted's advice on sports pictures (snowboarding)
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:05:25 -0400

Ted:

Since you are a man from the Province that created Canada's Gold Medal
winner in snowboading and weed controversy, I thought you may have some
tips on shooting snowboarding and avoiding second hand smoke ;-)

Tomorrow I will be going to Martock ( http://www.martock.com/snowcam.html )
in Winsor Nova Scotia to take pictures at a snow board competition.
http://www.nssa.ca/  I was hoping you could suggest lens, film
combinations, and shooting techniques.  I have an R6 with motor and an R8
with winder.  My choice of lenses are 35mm Summicron, 60mm Elmarit, 90mm
Summicron, 80-200 Vario Elmar, 105-280 Vario Elmar, 400 2.8 APO-Telyt, and
21mm SA.

I was thinking of the 400 for the GS and the shorter lenses for the
halfpipe.  I will have full access to the hill as I was invited by the
Manager of the Ski hill.  I thought the wide angle set up under a jump with
a remote might make some interesting pictures.  What are your suggestions?

Regards,

Robert