Subject: Re: [Leica] chrome body, black lens
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:49:25 -0500

debugger wrote:

> I have a black M6HM and a set of black M lenses.  I'm thinking of
> getting a chrome M6 as a second body, to use with slower film.  I've
> seen a black body with a chrome lens attached and I find it very ugly.
> I want to solicit the impressions of people who have seen a chrome body
> and black lens combination.  I think it would still look fine.  What do
> you think?
>
> (I know, I know, it's the pictures that matter.)
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

I use chrome and chrome, black body and chrome lens, chrome body and
black lens, black body and black lens. You know what? I don't care. They
all work great. If I have any thoughts at all I notice that the black
body with my black 35 Summicron disappears nicely against the black
clothes I wear when doing street work. I also use black MR4 meters on
chrome bodies. Still looks alright. Damnit man, you're using Leicas,
count your blessings.

Carl S.