Subject: Re: [Leica] What do we look like?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:13:52 +0100

Hi Alan,

Your guesses are partially correct. It was indeed late, and significant
quantities of various brews had already been consumed by both photographer
and subject. However, the beer is in fact Danish, an obscure brew from some
small brewery. As for the absence of a glass, this is quite common in
Denmark. People generally drink from the bottle; using a glass is done only
in more dignified settings.

Nathan

Alan Ball wrote:

> Nathan,
>
> I do not recognise you there: where is the (drinking) glass ?
> Furthermore, Noctilux at f1 deprives us from the essential information :
> I cannot read the label.
>
> Let me guess: it does not look Danish, thus no Tuborg nor Carlsberg.
> That red material on the bottleneck rings a bell. Let me think: Fruit
> Défendu ?
>
> If I'm right, it makes drinking out of the bottle an even more ruthless
> experience. I therefore supect you had previously used the ad hoc
> glasses with other beers before hitting this one. This is confirmed by
> the strange glow in your eyes: I can tell that is not only the Leica
> glow. So, I'd say the picture was taken around 11:30 pm.
>
> How close am I ?
>
> Nice idea, the autoportraits BTW. Shall try to turn the camera to my
> head sometime this week-end...
>
> Friendly regards,
>
> Alan

- --