Subject: [Leica] Re: Japanese SM/M Lens
From: pcb@iac.co.jp (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:25:52 +0900

No problem, Eric.  Both Cosina lenses are standard LTM, so they should
work on any LTM body as is and on most M bodies with an M-mount
adapter.  I'm guessing they might protrude too far into the body to
use safely with a Leica CL/M5, and we can't be sure about the Minolta
CLE until someone tries it.

The only thing to remember is that neither lens has a focusing
helical, so focusing is by scale/guesstimate.  Not a major problem,
especially for the 15mm, but something to keep in mind.

Cheers,

PB

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:45:06 -0600, Eric Welch wrote:

>So what is the chance of using this lens, with an M mount adapter, on the
>M6 and put the finder in the hot shoe?

Paul C. Brodek
Kobe, Japan
pcb@iac.co.jp