Subject: Re: [Leica] Dating lense + Leica book
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 22:23:50 +0100

Hi Xavier,

Get the Lager books. They are expensive but worth it. Also, Rogliatti's
"Leica-the first 70 years" is not bad. Finally, I recommend the Leica Pocket
Book published by Hove.

For more book reviews, take a look at Erwin Puts's site:
 http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/magazine/books.html

Nathan

Xavier Logean wrote:

> Which one to choose from the recent one:
>
> Leica m Photography  Brian Bower  Published 1998
> Leica Lens Book   B. Bower March 1999 (not yet released)
> Identifying Leica Cameras : The Complete Pocket Guide to Buying and
>        Selling Leicas like an Expert, Ghester Sartorius ,February 1997
> Identifying Leica Lenses: The Complete Pocket Guide to Buying and
>        Selling Leica Lenses like an Expert (Not Yet Released.)March 1999
>
> Leica - an Illustrated History, Vol. 1 & 2  James L. Lager , 1993-1995
>   (why is that one so expensive?)
> And probably some others,
>
> Do you have any advises on good leica books ?
> (I am no interested in books explaining how to focus with a M camera ;-)
> )
>
> I appreciate your help,
>
> Xavier.
>
> BTW: I joined the group during the "What do real photographer drink ?",
> have you ever tried Highland Park Malt in a "pocket-size-metal-bottle"
> when you go out for shooting ?
> it's magic !

- --
Nathan Wajsman