Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz V35 vs Focomat !c
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 21:57:32 -0500

At 06:03 PM 1999-01-20 -0800, Gary Todoroff wrote:
>I have now enlarged 35 of 200 prints for a project and am very frustrated
>with the V35. Some of the required 16x20 Ilfochrome prints are taking
>almost five minutes of exposure to get details out of the shadows. That 75w
>bulb is a popgun and I need a 12 gauge!

Gary

Something is seriously a-gley here.  I routinely do enlargements up at the
15X and 16X end of the column (probably 20" by 24", though I'm printing on
8" by 10" paper, cropped), and have yet to have an exposure over 45
seconds.  Either your bulb is bad, your transformer is shot (you might not
be getting sufficient voltage to generate 75W of light output), or you're a
fancier of DARK negatives!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!