Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6's scratching film - possible solution
From: COLBYG@ULV.EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:40:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Jim,

	Thanks for your insightful posts, including this one...

> What kind of slide film are you using? And where is the scratch?

> Some Fuji slide film (Velvia for sure) is curled immediately after
> processing and drying. It requires an hour or two of "hang" time, at room
> temp, to uncurl...

	Yep, it's Velvia. Unfortunately for this hunt, it's processed by me, in
the Wing-Lynch machine, and the transparencies are not mounted, they're
sleeved.
	Because I don't have the blamed things with me, I'm uncertain whether
the scratch is on the emulsion side or the base side. The scratches are faint,
and appear and disappear along the roll, absolutely parallel to the film edge,
which leads me to believe the cause is within one of the bodies.
 The curl is from side to side. If your lab mounts the