Subject: [Leica] Leitz V35 vs Focomat !c
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:03:11 -0800

I have now enlarged 35 of 200 prints for a project and am very frustrated
with the V35. Some of the required 16x20 Ilfochrome prints are taking
almost five minutes of exposure to get details out of the shadows. That 75w
bulb is a popgun and I need a 12 gauge!

I also have a Leitz 1c, but no color head for it. Has anyone ever adapted a
dichroic color head with lots of light output to a 1c? There are features
on the 1c that I prefer over the V35, and am thinking that a color head for
the 1c might solve my printing problems.

Has anyone modified a 1c successfully?

Thanks,
Gary Todoroff