Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL Suddenly Dying
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:45:35 EST

Chris:

It is really fascinating to me how we all come up with our own exposure and
development formulas.    I expose Delta 100 at ISO 50 and develop in Xtol at
68 degrees for 6-1/2 minutes.   Incredible tonal range.   I expose Delta 400
at ISO 200 and 3200 at 1600.   I have not used any other b&w films or
developers for many months.  Also, I have not used the care that you are using
in the storage of Xtol.  I use distilled water only and I store in plastic.  I
have never had a problem.

My best friend is a pharmacist and I will call him to save me some empty one
gallon amber glass bottles.

Thanks
Bob

<< Delta 100 exposed at 200 and devloped in 125 ml Xtol + 125 ml water @
 20°/68° for 14 minutes with agitation 10 secs every minute is in my opinion
 the best combo in the medium speed range.