Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL Suddenly Dying
From: "Bill Welch" <welch@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 99 16:46:36 EDT

Glen,
There's been a long thread on rec.photo.darkroom about this. The consensus there is Kodak has a stability problem, but the reports seem confined to the smaller 1 liter packages. Don't know why. In my own experiment with Xtol I got startlingly thin negatives, though I was mindful of the need to maintain adequate amounts of stock solution per roll. Others report positive results.
Bill