Subject: Re: [Leica] M6s Scratching film
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@jnlcom.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 15:01:22 -0600

Don't rule out the lab.

If they are using a roller transport or any type of processor where the
film is pulled through it is possible they are scratching the film.

I have had this happen and had the lab swear up and down that it was my
camera until I showed them 3 rolls of film scratched in the excat same
place...all three rolls shot on 3 different bodies by 2 different
photographers.

>>	I've tested each body with factory-load Tri-X and wasn't able to detect
>> the scratching, but I've noticed it in some of my slides.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
new book at http://www.volmania.com