Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying R8,need advice on lenses
From: Christian Payot <christian.payot@span.ch>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 15:49:21 +0100

steve a écrit :

> well, after migrating from auto and zoom everything Canon eos to Nikon
> manual cameras, I have decided to go for what I want, an R8. Mainly because
> I want ttl flash with compensation, but not all the extra junk. so, I need
> to spend as little as posible for a starter set of lenses. 35,50,90. Do I go
> by ser #? I can't afford or won't afford the rom lenses, and I don't want to
> go too old if the performance isn't there.

The Summicron 50 mm is definitively your best choice : "cheap" (strange word
when speaking about Leica), easily found in second market, light, relatively
fast, not exotic filter diameter (55 mm), normal angle, nice optical quality...

For the other lens, maybe the Summicron 35.

Instead of the 90 mm, I would prefer the 100 mm 2.8 Apo-macro (a dream lens), if
you can afford it...

May I ask what is the main reason that made you leave Canon Autofocus ?

My 0.02 Swiss Franc

Christian Payot