Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Off Topic Personal Add
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:01:42 -0800

Walter S Delesandri writes:

>Damn, you're young....I started at 11 with a Kodak Duaflex.
>Worked at a weekly as a teenager (my mom saved the
papers!!!)
>Held my first Leica M at a journalism workshop at age
17.....you
>know the rest......

Michael's not too young for a Leica.  You may not realize
this, Walt, but you are nearly a perfect fit for the LUG
profile. If you care to go into the archive data base and
search for the subject lines "Leica bug" (ca. June 1998) and
the roll call that was made ca. October 1997, you will
probably notice that many people that responded started
photography at a very young age.  (This is the major
commonality that I picked-up on).  By age 17, many had some
type of manually controlled camera.  I would not be
surprised if many of us were working for weeklies, school
yearbooks, and school newspapers before that age.

Relax now, have a little properly cooked Texas brisket and a
Dr. Pepper.

Regards,  Bill
ohlen@lightspeed.net