Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux Filter
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:24:35 -0800

"Noel H. Charchuk" wrote:

> Mark, filters and their use or non-use is a topic we beat to death here.
> You will be told:
> Definitly use a filter
> Never use a filter
> Only use Leica filters
> Only use a filter for an effect, such as polarizing or cloud contrast
>
> Maybe you better use a lens cap for glass protection :)
> Noel Charchuk

I bet if you shot a roll of film with a Noct. and tripod doing each of a
variety of shots especially low light backlit with light sources in
frame like the Noct. was specially designed to deal with; one with UV
filter and one with out the results would present a "clear and present
danger" to ruining a gorgeous specialized hunk of glass like the Noct.
with an arbitrary flat piece of almost clear glass.
Mark Rabiner (no relation)