Subject: [Leica] Rangefinder&Fast lenses
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ece.orst.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:23:42 -0800 (PST)

I think you have it the wrong way around:

With a slow lens on a rangefinder you can get the same results (or
better) as with a fast lens on an SLR. (Less vibration, shake free,
viewfinder is not affected by the speed of the lens).
A neighbour here (The Living Tripod, fi you are old enough in NY you might
know who I am talking about) showed me pictures taken in an airplane,
flying, at 1/8sec very sharp. Also have depth of field!!!
 Also, for the ones who haven't noticed it yet, the longest lens for M
mount is 135mm. And you have to be very careful when focusing that one.
You
don't want to shoot it
wide open without having perfect focus. Not the fastest camera system for
tele.
Don't start any threads about Visoflex now. It is dead and buried.
The fact that some of us are lusting for a Noctilux doesn't change this.
I had the Noctilux till mid 97 ane wasn't that crazy about it as you seem
to be. Not for my type of photo. And some of you shoot 3200ASA film with
50/1!!! and you push it!!!! What a joke!
Let's get back to shooting pictures! Maybe there is a chance for us!

Lucian