Subject: Re: [Leica] G2 paternity (was: "cold" lens rendition)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:17:43 -0600

>ut I do
>not have or remember one single post arguing that he assumed paternity
>for the system or even for the idea of the system. Could you forward one
>such post to me, please ?

Sorry, too many reformatted hard drives that go back that far. And I really
didn't care all that much about the G. I saw it early on at a
photojournalist's conference and was unimpressed with the bodies. The
lenses I'm sure are pristine performers (and quite neutral as Blake claims)
but they're too slow for me. A rangefinder cries out for fast lenses.

But I'm still on Compuserve, but I haven't talked with Blake for a while
now. He's not real happy with me always calling his lenses blue. :-)
Seriously, I'll try to contact him and ask him what his role is.

Note Tom Shea confirms my claim.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

He doesn't have much of a reputation, or so I've heard.