Subject: Re: [Leica] "cold" lens rendition (was: R Hard to Focus)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:16:15 -0600

>In what way is Blake Ziegler, AFAIK marketing director for Contax USA,
>the "father of the G2"

In my conversations with him on Compuserve, when the G1 came out, he
claimed, and I have no doubt that the camera was pretty much his idea, and
that he participated, as much as anybody in determining the features it
would have. That he pretty much convinced Contax (Kyocera) to build it.
Maybe he exaggerated? Do you know that's not true?

> Lens
>tests do benchmark colour rendition: I believe they do not come to your
>conclusions.

Well, now there's a surprise. Why is it that everybody I know who have used
these cameras pretty much agree with what I have said, with adjustment of
who prefers what saying one is more neutral, and numerous people who use
Nikon, most of them agree many of their lenses do have a warm rendition
compared to other lenses? Blake, in his own words agrees with me. On all
three lines. People who think you need tests to tell the differences
between lenses will not be connived otherwise. Them I don't bother to try.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

An SB-26 is a case for holding dead batteries.