Subject: Re: [Leica] "cold" lens rendition (was: R Hard to Focus)
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:47:44 EST

In a message dated 1/19/99 2:34:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, AlanBall@csi.com
writes:

<<  one needs lab conditions to compare colour rendition of
 lenses. >>
 I don't think so - only if you need to quantify the spectral transmission. It
seems to me that if you set up a tripod, shoot a series of photos with a body
and lens, rewind the film, advance the film in the "other" body and lens
combination and shoot a series of the identical subject, that any observed
color differences can be attributed to differences in the two camera systems.
I did this and did see the color casts which I reported here.

Bob Figlio