Subject: Re: [Leica] Marklin Z scale
From: WOCCCC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:54:29 EST

<< Bill, the problem with Z is that you don't have the superb Japanese power
 units as you do in N--all you've got to choose from are German and
 American-made units ;-) and as we all know, nothing in N runs as good as a
 Kato!

 But the shopping experience with Z is very similar to shopping for Leica M:
 Such tiny products, and such hefty pricetags! I want the Swatch that looks
 like the top of an M6--to wear, not to collect.

 Jeff

Jeff,
  Have heard that before about the Z lines, both the selection and cost.  I do
like my Katos, they take up so much less room then the O and O-27s.

  My Leica Swatch is the "Movado" model with no numbers, white face, Leica red
dot at 12, band has various Leica markings: M6, M3, red Leica dot etc.
I also have the Leica Swiss Army model, and far to many other watches, not the
least of which is the Daytona my wife got me for Christmas instead of the
Noct.  Ah well, hard to bitch about that :->
Bill