Subject: RE: [Leica] Life with PAD, hats off to PJs, boxer shorts
From: "Khoffberg" <khoffberg@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 15:36:23 -0800

Eric wrote:

But seriously, to get to the point where you can find pictures in about any
situation you run across is a skill that takes time to get good at. It
takes imagination. Looking closely at a situation and observing
relationships. Thinking up story lines that tell the viewer something about
the character of the subject. Then using the formal relationships (arrange
the photo into pleasing shapes, relationships and colors/tones) to make it
a compelling picture.

I think you actually captured the essence of what I was getting at in a
shooters can probably capture one or the other when the opportunity presents
itself.  A better shooter can find one or the other when they're not
necessarily obvious.  I guess my new definition of a pro is a photographer
who can find both and place them in the same image, especially when they're
not immediately obvious to the casual observer.

Sometimes I can do this but it's rare.  I guess I'll be satisfied at the
moment with my lurching realization that such an opportunity exists.

Thanks for your insight.

Cheers
Kevin Hoffberg