Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Focusing
From: "James R. Nelon" <JNelon@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 22:02:37 +0800

Your description of the festival sounds wonderful. I've only been to Bagio,
Banaue, Puerto Princessa, Gen. Santos City, Zambonga, Tawi-Tawi and Boracay, in
each case flying out of Manila (a couple of times on my "favorite" airline,
PacificAir (NOT)). But never to Cebu. Maybe you can give me some ideas about
what to see there when I can plan the next trip.

Leically,  Jim Nelon

Ferdinand U. LuDo wrote:

> Hi Luggers
>
> Today we had our yearly festival here in Cebu Philippines called the
> Sinulog. Its a parade consisting of different groups dancing, cheering with
> colorful costumes not seen in other country but just here in Cebu. In case
> some luggers want to come here in the future, about this time next year
> would be perfect. You guys would love it. Be sure to bring tons of film,
> you can easily burn 5-10 rolls. Its comparable to the Mardigrass or
> Roseball Parade found in the USA.
>
> Anyways, while I was shooting today with my Canon gear, the guy next to me
> was using an R8 with a 80-200/4 vario elmar lens. Being an M user &
> hopefully a future R user I asked him to let me peek thru his finder to see
> what its like to view  thru a magnificent pc of machine. Sad to say, the
> screen/ finder looked darker than my 1n & 70-200/2.8L. I wanted to peek
> thru the R8 with a f2 or 2.8 lens to compare differences, unfort. that was
> the only lens he had at that moment.
>
> I'm I experiencing a darker finder due to the fact he had an F4 lens???
> perhaps someone could enlighten me. Other than the darker focusing, I find
> the R8 and the 80-200 lens a beautiful pc of work!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ferdinand

- --
James R. Nelon