Subject: Re: [Leica] R Hard to Focus
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 00:21:04 -0600

>1.  The Leicas seem to have a blue tint compared to the Nikons.  I consider
>this "feature" a disadvantage as well.  I wonder if anyone could explain
>why Leica does this.

Actually, Nikon lenses tend to be more yellow. Leica is anything but blue.
Contax lenses are bluer than Leica, and they will tell you they are "neutral."

>2.  The max. aperature of the lenses has an immediate difference.  I might
>imagine that the Nikon lens you use is a 1.4 (very common and inexpensive),
>whereas the Summicron is 2.0 .  That one extra f stop makes a difference.
>Likewise the 28 is slower than the 50, right?

This doesn't make sense at all. How would that show differences between
lenses? How often do most people shoot wide open? And how much are you
going to see a difference between f/2 and f/1.4 in a 50mm lens?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

It said,  Insert disk #3,  but only two will fit!