Subject: Re: [Leica] R Hard to Focus
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 19:31:28 -0800 (PST)

Robert,

There are two reasons:

1.  The Leicas seem to have a blue tint compared to the Nikons.  I consider
this "feature" a disadvantage as well.  I wonder if anyone could explain
why Leica does this.

2.  The max. aperature of the lenses has an immediate difference.  I might
imagine that the Nikon lens you use is a 1.4 (very common and inexpensive),
whereas the Summicron is 2.0 .  That one extra f stop makes a difference.
Likewise the 28 is slower than the 50, right?

John