Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Re: Leica filters + stuff
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 22:48:02 -0600

Saturday, Saturday, January 16, 1999, SP wrote:

> What is an "81B"?

A color correction gel for your lens.

I  usually  use an 81A on my lenses, just because I like the look. The
81A  knocks appx 600 degrees K off the color Temp of the light hitting
the film.  The 81B is around 800 degrees, I think...don't have my color
temp chart in front of me at present.

I  also  almost  always  leave  a 1/4 CTO gel on the front of my flash
'cause  I hate that blue look from flashes. When using my real strobes
(90percent  of  lit shots) I also use the 1/4 CTO on them often with a
full  CTO  on a key light in the background or as a backlite for added
warmth.

Best regards,
 Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com
mailto:hmcclary@earthlink.net

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.