Subject: [Leica] RE: Win 95 to 98 [off topic]
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 19:37:18 -0800

Years ago, I went from DOS to Windows NT. I've been running Windows NT 4.0
since before it officially came out. I have had zero problems. I run
everything. I boot, perhaps once every two weeks and only because I'm
changing a configuration or installing something new. You could not give me
Win 95 or 98. I've heard nothing but bad. At work, only those people
running 95 or 98 have problems. Either it cannot see the network properly,
or it cannot print. Or they cannot get their e-mail. It's always something.
And they re-boot several times a day. While NT just runs and runs and runs.
Even DOS under NT is a joy. Yes, NT has some weirdness sometimes, but for
every one problem NT has, 95 or 98 has 100 problems. I am NOT a Microsoft
fan. But I have to use their stuff. Out digital camera chip (Photo Chip)
will be interfaced with Windows CE. So I'm joined at the hip with
Microsoft! Ugh!!!

Jim