Subject: Re: [Leica] OOPS!! (was Noctilux fever) :)
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 02:31:04 +0000

At 07:54 PM 1/16/99 -0600, you wrote:
>This  afternoon  while my daughter was taking a nap I was playing with
>my  Noctilux  and  decided  to see what happened when I shined a flash
>light through it....
>Well,  anyone  ever  seen  Star  Trek and when the Enterprise uses its
>phasers?  Well  that  is  the  result.  1/2  half  of  my house is now
>gone...no  ashes,  cinders  or anything...just gone. Thank goodness my
>daughter  was in the remaining 1/2. And thank goodness I shut the dern
>flashlight off before I took out the neighbors house.
>Gadzooks  I  am  going  to  have  a hard enough time enplaning this to
>my insurance company...they'll probably instutionalize me.  Oh if only
>Bill Grimwood was my agent he would understand.
>Guess with a summilux you would only start a fire?
>Best regards,
> Harrison McClary

Time and time again we warn against playing around carelessly with the
Noctilux, lighting matches in front of it, photographing lightning, but do
they listen? This is serious stuff. 1 is a critical number- you don't get
apertures like that without some sort of meddling with the time-space
continuum. Be careful. Don't put just any light through a Noctilux. Look
for the dark light- it at least is safe.

Joe Berenbaum