Subject: RE: [Leica] Win 95 to 98
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 21:50:15 -0300

At 07:01 AM 17/01/99 +0000, you wrote:
>>>Ramblings for today..
>>>Best...
>>>
>>>P.S. Has anyone out there survived a conversion from Windows 95 to 98
>>>without a nervous breakdown?
>>

>>I have but it resulted in my having to hire a computer guru for five hours
>>of work at $100 an hour!!  Good luck -
>>
>>Tina

        Tina, I learned my lesson upgrading from 3.11 to 95. NEVER AGAIN!
I effectivly rendered 2 486/dx2 machines USELESS!  ...and I knew what I was
doing.

        One is now a doorstop in the attic, the other, my daughter uses for
her CD-ROM's.  A third machine, a DX2/100 with 128 megs of ram, I left as
3.11 and I  still us this one as the file/print/comm server on my network.

the lesson? Upgrades are a hoax... leave well enough alone. If you must have
the new operating system, reformat the drive and start over with a full version.

hard cold truth but sometimes it's better to bite the bullet upfront and
save yourself weeks of misery.

GGGRRRRRRR....don't get me started on Microsoft......

If I could get Photoshop for Linux I'd be there in a minute!

"Sla'inte chugat!"
Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
TOUCHED BY FIRE; doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm