Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica filters + stuff
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 20:53:52 -0600

>You are such a purist. You know what, photographer like Annie Leibovots use
>81Bs most of the time (I met her and asked this so I know it first hand).
>And guess what, her stuff sells! Yes, she does use a Leica for portability
>but an RZ67 most of the time.

If I was shooting the same subjects she was, I'd be using medium format
too, and filters wouldn't be such a critical issue.

I know her stuff sells. I logged her photos in for the Pictures of the Year
contest (of Sting in the desert covered in mud and a bunch of others from
that project) when she won some big awards for it. I was in the room
watching the judges judge those pictures. Darn nice work. She's a master of
that kind of photography. Very creative.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

HEADLINE:    Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge