Subject: RE: [Leica] rotten journalists ? (was: 50 1.4 Test Results)
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 11:17:41 -0800

Eric, Eric, Eric,

Realize they are a consumer oriented magazine.  These are people that don;t
want to spend $2000 or more on equipment.  As a journalist you should know,
writers need to write for their audience.
Why test 400 F2.8s when their may be 3 readers that buy one, when testing a
28-105 F4-5.6 may be of interest to 265,000 readers.  Makes a difference.

Peter K

<snip>
I just don't believe them, because of experience with some of the lenses
they test. And they don't test that many lenses, that I've seen, that I
care about anyway. They tend to spend their efforts on low-end stuff. Have
they ever compared 400 2.8s? I doubt it.
<snip>