Subject: RE: [Leica] 50 1.4 Test Results
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:27:40 -0800

Oh I don't know Eric, IMHO I think Pop Photo does a pretty good job testing
gear.  Their tests agree with the German magazine Colorfoto's testing and
with the French magazine Chasseur L'image.

However, I do agree with you that the article/review was probably at least
six or more months ago so perhaps Pop Photo just did not have the latest at
the time.  Other than that I have always thought they were fair to Leica
gear.  They do not attempt to compare the M6 to say the G2 and hey you may
be surprised to learn that they even liked the R8.

BTW, I have the Leica tests that Chasseur D'Images did (I collect tests for
comparison) and they indicated that the 35mm F1.4 Summilux was the best 35mm
lens on the market, same as they said about the 19mm R Lens.  Pretty much on
target with Pop and ColorFoto.

Peter K