Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz CL repair question
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:21:41 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Some Leitz lenses were manufactured for SM, the "converted" by the
factory to M  -- both the 90 f2 (removable hood) and the 21 f4 were
offered this way...often with an "m" ring attached by a small
setscrew.....I believe the 35 f2 summicron has been seen in this
configuration.  At the going rate for 85 Summarex lenses, Chris should
sell the Summarex (if it's nice) and buy a 35 and 90 used with the money!!!

I've heard that Leitz did this due to lack of sales of SM lenses when they
were produced for the III-G......take it with usual dose of salt.......
Of course, ALL the 85s were SM, but WERE advertised for the M3 at one
time, I believe.  I used to have a Nikkor 85 1.5, tough to focus accurately
with the RFDR, Tho.......

CU LATER
Walt