Subject: [Leica] Preconceived pictures
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:06:25 +0000

Somebody in this group recently wrote: "........My black M6....... is from
year -84 or  -85. It does not matter how old it is, all pictures I have
taken are brand new, I've never seen them before."

This is interesting. For almost all the pictures I have taken I can say: I
have seen them somewhere before. Mostly they  existed in my head before
they came onto film. Some of them were in my head for years before I shot
them, some for just a few seconds. Well, I have to admit, some did not come
out quite as I had expected, yet they were not quite new. I have loads of
pictures in my head that I know exactly how to take when the opportunity
arises, and I hope I will get them on a 35 mm negative some day.

What about you: are your pictures planned/preconceived or not? Does it make
them better or not?

- --
christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58