Subject: Re: [Leica] Totally false?? HCB and l'instant décisif
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:33:06 -0600

>where the subjects visibly interact with the photographer and where the
>images visibly convey a humanist point of view: "Grenade" of 1932 (the
>women brooming each other's hair), "Séville" of 1932 with kids in front
>and behind a crumbled (bombshelled ?) wall,

I have shot pictures in many scenes where kids are running around in a
panic like you describe. Some times they are so busy they don't notice you.
But there are times when they do interact with you. And in this picture,
there is indeed an interaction going on between photographer and subjects.
As well as several other pictures in the book I looked at. These are not
the problem. They are honest, straight-forward portraits. Nothing wrong
with that. There's no deception going on between photographer and reader.
And that's the bottom line.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

What is the probability that something will happen according to the odds?