Subject: Re: [Leica] Totally false?? HCB and l'instant d =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCaWMbKEI=?=isif
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@iname.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:37:52 +0100

At 12:44 PM +0100 1/13/99, Alan Ball wrote:

[snip]
> I do not really want to know what HCB himself thinks or thought
> politically. His images generally convey a social vision that is not the
> one you project onto him.

I agree.  There can be thousands of opinions about it, but should we always
know what one is to tell something about what one makes?.  The answer
obviously depends on what we want to tell...  IMO it's very hard to know
what one really is from limited information of what he does and says. In the
case of HCB, what we see in his pictures may be what he was.   $0.02 ;-)
- --
Mikiro Mori
Strasbourg, Europe
Visit my gallery at