Subject: Re: [Leica] Electronic dependance
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:04:30 -0600

>The implementation
>of manual-metering features in electronic cameras will need much
>improvement before I can be satisfied using one for my wildlife photos.

Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry about that. You are right. Wide open, a
manual shutter, with infinitely variable shutter would be more accurate in
some cases. But with an R8, and the matrix meter, you can often forget
about manually shooting. But when manual is needed, it IS too bad that they
don't give us infinitely variable shutter speeds with new fangled cameras.
Maybe there could be a way to engage and disengage the detents, so that
when doing variable, it would be smooth without click stops.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

What is the probability that something will happen according to the odds?