Subject: [Leica] Re: Non-Leica M-mount cameras
From: Peter Niessen <niessen@ifh.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:40:47 +0100 (MET)

Hi folks,

I'm referring to the non Leica M mount camera topic. Is there really a
real chance for other companies to produce an M mount camera?

	Scenario 1: A company produces an M mount camera. Leica says:
no good, you used our patents -> Leica wins

	Scenario 2: Like IBM with the PC, Leica licenses its M
bayonet. M6 sales plunge, Leica goes bancrupt. -> Leica looses.

From this point of view, I think any talk about M bayonet compatible
PCs, eh, cameras are not in sight.

Cheers, Peter.