Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Chemistry Questions The ultimate advice in processing
From: "A. Huntley" <prasepe@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:21:51 -0500

Dan,
Wow...an "old dog" that remembers Cykora!  How about Ilfomar?  Guess I'm
an old fart too!  Though I have made many fine prints with modern papers
I have never really gotten them to SING the way my old prints on papers like
Ilfomar, Ilfobrom (made in several different factories...there was only one
that was any good!), and Brovira did and still do.  As a matter of fact, I still have
a couple of boxes of Ilfomar and Ilfobrom in the freezer and use 'em when I
feel the neg deserves it.  Please everyone...I'm not trying to start a debate on
modern vs. old papers...there has been way too much of that crap already
written in untold numbers of photo pubs for probably 10 years now!  As its been
said on the LUG many times; different strokes.

Best regards,
Alan

PS. Maybe us old dogs should run in packs!!