Subject: Re: [Leica] Metz 40MZ-3i with R6
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 08:15:39 +0100

John,

It is totally unimportant that the LCD display of the 40MZ3i should or
should not indicate the aperture selected on the lens while using TTL
flash mode. In this case, the indication is purely informative: it is
the body that sends to the flash the start/stop instructions for the
flash duration. The story is of course different in auto (non-TTL) mode.

The lack of transmission of aperture info to the flash on the R6 is
similar to the situation of most (all?) non-AF cameras using TTL flash
management. A good example is the Nikon FE-2. These camera/lens systems
do not rely on electronic communication between body and lens. The
R8+ROM lenses behaves like the AF generation in that respect. The R6 and
R6.2 behave like the MF generation.

So, John, simply select your aperture on the lens and do not worry about
the rest. Same goes for ISO setting info BTW.

Alan