Subject: Re: [Leica] Chalk and Charcoal in HC110
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 21:33:34 -0700

Walter S Delesandri wrote:

snip
> With the mirror bouncing around in the Nikon, you NEVER see what
> Nikon glass really looked like when they made "real" cameras. :)
>
>My first camera when I was 13 in '65 was a Voightlander Vito BL which I
left on a Chicago Bus and was returned to me by the CTA. It was a
rangefinder with guess-o-matic focusing as view as guess-o-matic
viewfinder that you could look off at any askew angle with i.e. no
framelines. My first "real camera" was a Nikon F2 the year it came out
around '71/2. I got it with a 45 mm 2.8 GN "Pancake" or "Blitz" lens
depending on your frame of reference. I never got used to the mirror
blackout. I used to lock up the mirror and shoot blind, it's amazing how
good those pictures come out: turn off the Lazor computer and believe in
THE FORCE.