Subject: Re: [Leica] Polaroid SprintScan results
From: pieter@world.std.com (Pieter Bras)
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 01:20:25 -0500

Gary Whalen wrote:
>I was interested in looking at your file but it is HUGE.  You need
>to reduce the size by at least 80% and then give it another try.

Sorry about the size, but the file was posted to demonstrate certain
problems, not to provide viewing pleasure or easy downloading.

The original scanner output was a 24-MB TIFF file.  It's about 3500 by
2300 pixels.  I reduced this to a 1.7-MB JPEG, keeping the same pixel
dimensions.  This was to avoid losing any data present in the original
TIFF file, as far as I could tell on my monitor.

Reducing the file to full-screen size would result in a JPEG about
150-KB in size, but would not have all the detail of the TIFF file.

I hope you were able to see the shortcomings in the scan, that I noted.

- --
Pieter Bras